Ensure that children in diverse early learning settings experience a curriculum and have access to materials that stimulate their development and respond to their individual and cultural characteristics.
The Syllabus is designed to have an integrated approach to meet the basic requirements of children in the learning process, set around six themes to interrelate Numeracy, Literacy and General Awareness, and to cover the three domains of learning – Cognitive (Knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (attitudes).
- The syllabus lays emphasis on making a child feel happy, secured and loved so that the process of learning becomes an exciting and enjoyable experience.
- No formal test/examination will be conducted for Pre primary children.
- Promotion will be given on the basis of continuous and comprehensive assessment of a child’s personality, physical and emotional development, academic performance and participation in school activities.
- There will be live classes for children wherein they will get to interact directly with their teachers.
- Wide range of activities have been designed to promote the development of the child by stimulating them intellectually. The activities mentioned in the syllabus will give opportunities to children to communicate and express themselves freely and gain experience involving all the senses.
- Engage the children in creative work while learning the basics of these concepts.
- Inculcate the habit of self evaluation among children.
- Equip the children to take on a channelised way to explore knowledge through different activities .
Concepts will include :
- Hands on learning
Focal points for Nursery Curriculum :
- Basic Pre Mathematics (Numeracy)
- Basic English (Literacy)
- General Awareness
The literacy syllabus covers topics that prepares the kids to identify the alphabets, lower case and upper cases, different patterns of writing , basic vocabulary and basic sentence formation (Verbally).
Pre Writing Skills
- Standing line
- Sleeping line
- Left Slanting line
- Right Slanting line
- Left Curve
- Right Curve
- Up Curve
- Down Curve
Alphabets & Basic Vocabulary
Basic Sentence Structure (Verbal)
- Identification of alphabets using objects
- Objects related to each letter
- Recognition of small Letters & capital Letters
- Vocab: Father, Mother, Sister, Family etc
- I am a girl/boy
- Which class I study in
- My Father’s Name, Mother’s Name